Thursday, Feb 09, 2017
Duration : 60 Minutes
The essence of the responsibility of every property manager, agent and owner of a HUD assisted housing development is to ensure that eligible families lease the correct units and pay the correct amount of rent.
The most important contributions to the correct determination of eligibility, rent and subsidy are:
- Correct information provided by the family
- Effective owner verification and interpretation of the information provided
- Correct application of HUD regulations and policies by the owner
The tenant interview is the starting place for all things having to do with residency at any multi-family property. There are many techniques to an effective and complete interview and this course will explore them. A good interview gives all of the correct information in order to lease a property. By doing it right the first time it eliminates call backs and shortens the time to approval of an application.
- Keys To Successful Interviews
- Tools For Data Collection And Communication
- Interview Methodology (C.A.V.E.)
- The Four Phases Of An Interview
- Guidelines For Interviewing
- Conducting The Interview
- Common Mistakes In Interviewing
- Questions As Interview Tools
- Interviewing Persons With Disabilities
- Interviewing Zero Income Families
We will cover all of various techniques and also most importantly what questions can be asked and what questions cannot be asked.
Who will Benefit:
- Property managers
- Property Owners
- Housing Authority Staff