Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017
Duration : 90 Minutes
Everywhere we look, there are large tables of data to interact with – lists of employees and customers, products and transactions, locations and projects – but the table itself doesn’t provide us any value. The power of this table is in your ability to analyze them, run reports on them, and display charts to decision makers. This data can give you deep insights into sales, production, task management, and so much more. Standard Excel functions like softing, filtering, and calculation can only take us so far, but the Pivot Table has the power to analyze your data in great detail, and provide amazing insights.
Many people have heard of Pivot Tables, but never used them, and they can be intimidating if you’ve never worked with them. A Pivot Table is incredibly powerful, but also incredibly simple to use. Anyone who needs to see useful, actionable information within larger spreadsheets should learn to harness the power of the Pivot Table.
Topics addressed in this program include:
- Understanding the Pivot Table and the problems it solves
- Building data sets to take advantage of the Pivot Table’s power
- Summarizing data with sums, averages, and counts
- Segmenting, sorting, and filtering by multiple criteria
- Formatting and charting data for presentations
- Combining multiple tables into a single Pivot Table
- Creating Calculated Fields and Items
- PivotTables defined: Understand when, where, why and how to use PivotTable
- Go from plain data to a PivotTable with 3 clicks of the mouse
- Change your data in a snap with the drag and drop approach
- Turn boring old data into stunning charts with one keystroke
- Refresh your data seamlessly with one click of the mouse
- Deposit just the right data on a separate worksheet ready for exporting or mail merging
After this session, you’ll have rich sample files with both pre- and post-exercise setups, a full PDF guide with screenshots and step-by-step instruction, and a clear understanding of Pivot Tables’ power and utility. The creation of summaries, reports, and dashboards for critical business data will be as simple as a few clicks away.
Who Will Benefit:
- Managers, Supervisors
- Financial professionals, Administrative assistants, Marketers
- Office Managers
- CPA, CFO
- Human Resource Professionals
- Anyone and everyone who uses Microsoft Excel and is looking for a way to add hours back into each day!