Duration : 360 Minutes
Experts say that more than a third of all Construction projects end up in a legal dispute. No matter your role in the drama—owner, contractor, sub, designer, surety, consultant, or attorney—you need to arm yourself to head off unnecessary disputes and triumph in those you can’t avoid. We can help, We’re SkillEducators. Buy this Super Save Bundle, presented by industry veteran "James G. Zack Jr." and save time learning compliance.
Topics Included in this Bundle:
- Time Extension Requests – A Checklist
- Impact and Control of RFIs on Construction Projects
- Proving & Pricing Subcontractor Delays
- Pricing Contractor Delay
Time Extension Requests – A Checklist
- Learn the rules concerning time extension requests.
- Understand the arguments about waiver and apportionment of liquidated damages.
- Become knowledgeable about concurrent delay issues and who has to prove concurrent delay.
- Understand when an owner’s liability for delay is limited or obviated.
- Become more knowledgeable about the use of CPM schedules when pursuing or defending against time extension requests.
- Learn some new rules about when concurrent delay can and cannot be used to eliminate liquidated damages.
Impact and Control of RFIs on Construction Projects
- Learn how the RFI process came about and is intended to be used in the construction industry.
- Better understand the impact of RFIs on construction projects based on data from approximately 1,400 projects including the average time and cost to review and respond to an RFI.
- Gain an understanding of how the RFI process can be abused.
- Be exposed to legal decisions concerning how the number of RFIs on projects has been used to prove delay and cumulative impact claims.
- Understand what definitions should be included in construction projects to help lessen the impact of RFIs.
- Examine a proposed RFI specification which may be included in contracts to mitigate the impact of RFIs.
- Understand how electronic tracking and monitoring of RFIs will help further mitigate the adverse impact of RFIs on projects.
- Finally, learn about the best management practices concerning the management of RFIs.
Proving & Pricing Subcontractor Delays
- Learn the value of pre-planning activities in such a manner as to avoid causing delay and impact to subcontractors.
- As a General Contractor, learn about the arguments subcontractors can use to pursue delay and impact claims.
- Become knowledgeable about the risks of sponsoring subcontractor delay claims to owners.
- Subcontractors will learn the elements of proof necessary to successfully prosecute a delay and impact claim against a General Contractor.
- Owners will gain insight into analysis of and /or defense against subcontractor delay claims passed through by their General Contractors.
Pricing Contractor Delay
- In this program attendees will learn about the recoverability of extended field office overhead costs, including what field office overhead is and the typical elements of this cost.
- Attendees will be exposed to the basics of calculating extended field office overhead costs.
- The program will discuss the various actual cost methods for calculating extended field office overhead.
- The program will explore the various total cost methods of calculating extended field office overhead costs.
- The program will discuss how the jury verdict method may be used to make this delay damage calculation.
- Attendees will learn how stipulated contract methods concerning field office overhead may be employed.
- The program will identify what costs must be deducted from the submission of field office overhead costs by the contractor.
- The contractor’s obligation to mitigate damages will also be discussed.