1:00 pm ET | 12:00 pm CT |11:00 am MT | 10:00 am PT
Duration : 90 Minutes
|This program has been approved for 1.5 PDCs toward SHRM certification hours.|
The effects of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA or ACA) health care expansion drastically changed the landscape of health care coverage. The expansion of coverage is incentivized by the enforcement of the individual mandate and the employer shared responsibility penalty.
The challenges facing the landmark healthcare law are far from over, despite the ruling in June from the Supreme Court. The Act is not any more popular — the law is being blamed for premium increases, and some enrollees are dealing with high out-of-pocket costs. The ACA still faces legal challenges, too — another lawsuit against the contraception-coverage mandate is moving through the courts and is very likely to make an appearance during the Court’s next term. The House of Representatives’ suit challenging the employer-mandate delay and cost-sharing provisions is still pending.
Without a doubt though, the ACA has shaken up the healthcare industry. It’s changed reimbursement rates, increased the nation’s patient base and encouraged the creation of new ACOs. Needless to say, there’s not one corner of society not dealing with an altered landscape. While the country waits on guidance of more than 1,200 elements of the ACA, most are already struggling with how to implement what is already mandated in over 35,000 pages of regulations.
To help HR Practitioners prepare for and implementing the ACA, this webinar will provide valuable insights aimed at easing some of the uncertainty about the next steps to take in the face of the ACA. We will specifically discuss the Key to IRS’s Penalty Tax Assessment and the Data most important to the Employer’s Defense.
Employers need to be prepared to:
- Define their processes for determining eligibility
- Develop strategies to keep records of coverage
- Implement best practices for reporting requirements compliance
Consider setting aside some time to attend this webinar as we discuss:
- the basics of the ACA,
- the timeline for your next steps in implementing the provisions of the Act,
- key things employers should already be engaged in with their brokers
- reporting specifics to prepare for
- Key ACA Hot Topics to think about in an effort to understand where we are headed with the ACA. WE will talk about such things as the PACE Act, King vs. Burwell, TPEA 2015, and recent legislative actions
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resources Professionals
- Payroll Professionals
- Finance and Accounting Professionals
- Business Executives