Friday, Mar 27, 2020
Duration : 120 Minutes
Retaining Millennials in Today’s Workplace; Best Practices and Retention Interviews
The Millennial generation is a force to be reckoned with. They are talented, innovative, entrepreneurial, and creative. They are also highly mobile and prone to job hopping. Retaining top talent is a key business imperative and old strategies are no longer effective.
More than 60% of Millennials leave their company in less than three years and their turnover is greater than any other generation. In addition there are now more Millennials than Baby Boomers in the workforce. 60% are open to a different job and 36% will look for a new job in the next year. No question they have their own style, attitudes, and beliefs. Unfortunately most companies don’t have a focused retention strategy to retain these important employees.
The good news is that Millennial prefer to stay with the same company and they will if given the right environment and opportunities. There are strategies and tactics that can improve retention rates.
During this informative webinar, you will learn why Millennial and other employees stay or leave and learn practical techniques you can use to retain the best employees. We will show you the best practices plus give you a toolkit for implementing retention interviews. The core of the toolkit is actual interview questions in ten key areas. This process leads to a plan of action that increases the probability of retaining valuable employees. The Retention Toolkit gets at the source of the problem and allows managers and employees to work collaboratively to create realistic plan of action.
In this Webinar you will learn:
- Why Millennial employees stay or leave
- How to measure turnover
- The relationship of compensation to employee satisfaction and motivation
- The relationship of leadership to retention and turnover
- How to create a workplace "community"
- Why recruitment and interviewing are important in managing turnover
- The importance of "Stay interviews"
- 135 ideas for reducing turnover
- 10 steps toward great retention
- Ideas for more effective onboarding
- Importance of realistic job previews
- 7 steps to giving effective recognition
- Linking benefits to retention
- The 5 components of the retention model
- Keys for millennial retention
- Participants will learn the specific steps and receive the necessary materials to conducting an effective retention interview
- How to increase employee motivation, engagement, development, and empowerment with stay interviews
- Focus individual retention efforts on high impact employees with stay interviews
- How to use retention interviews to identify areas of retention risk and a proactive solution for managing risk.
Upon completion of this session, you will be able to:
- Cite factors that contribute to Millennial employee turnover
- Identify strategies for retaining employees
- Understand the link between leadership, employee satisfaction, and turnover
- Measure employee turnover
- Understand the link between employee satisfaction, motivation, and engagement and how it relates to stay interviews
- Learn the 5 essential communication steps in the interview process
- Understand the steps for implementing retention interviews
- Cite three factors that contribute to employee motivation
- Understand the priorities of the Millennial generation
- 2.0 SHRM & HRCI -approved hours
- Live question and answer session
- Copy of speaker's presentation slides
- 135 Retention Strategies
- Receive the retention interview toolkit which includes
- Supervisor’s pre-interview form to set the stage for the interview
- Staff retention interview questionnaire
- Retention Interview Form with specific questions in 10 key areas including an individualized retention plan for each employee
- Retention tracking form
This webinar is appropriate for:
- HR Professionals
- Front Line Supervisors
- HR Managers
- Personnel responsible for employee retention
- Employee Development
- Leaders and managers
- Business Owners
- Individuals responsible for employee retention