Wednesday, Apr 22, 2020
2:00 pm ET | 1:00 pm CT |12:00 am MT | 11:00 am PT
Duration : 60 Minutes
An employee walks into your office with a Form 2159 from the IRS, do you know how to legally handle it. Or will it be a lengthy internet research project, or a meeting with someone in legal to determine what to do. This is a challenge for all payroll professionals in regards to federal and state tax levies. It can be overwhelming to try and figure out different state and federal laws in regards.
In this program, you’ll learn how to:
- Review of tax levy withholding rules
- Employer responsibility when levies are received
- What to do with voluntary withholding orders
- Review of calculating take-home pay and exempt pay for levy purposes
- Other federal agency garnishments and how to handle
- State Tax levy requirements
- Review of Federal Tax levy forms and how to process them
Benefits: This webinar will give you the tools to better understand the responsibilities that a company has in regards to federal and state levies. How to properly calculate and remit the payments will be reviewed in detail. Determining the state laws that need to be followed in regards to levies.
Who Should Attend: