Thursday, Sep 14, 2017
3:00 pm ET | 2:00 pm CT |1:00 pm MT | 12:00 pm PT
Duration : 90 Minutes
|This program is pre-approved for
1.0 CPE through NASBA.
|This program has been approved for
1.5 PDCs toward SHRM
“This training focuses on what you need to know to create professional-looking and engaging reports using Excel.”
No matter what business you are in, a report is a critical tool in your communication armoury. As with any communication tool, presentation is everything. Get it right and it offers the reader (typically a CEO, shareholder or Project Manager) a valuable insight into the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) upon which a business or project is measured. Get it wrong and you'll end up with something that nobody understands and nobody wants to read.
The training will focus on 4 areas - Pivot tables, charts/graphs, the Power View report add in and how to present geographic information.
In the pivot tables section, you'll learn how to create a basic pivot table, display numbers as a percentage (no formulas, arithmetic or programming required!), make the pivot table eye-catchingly appealing to read and then group the data (by month or numeric range).
In the visual communication (charts/graphs) section, you'll learn how to enhance and customize a standard chart ("from drab to fab") as well as how to create info graphic-style charts using nothing but Excel.
With Excel's Power View addin (2013 and 2016 only) you'll learn how to create visual reports containing interactive charts, graphs, maps, and other visuals that bring your data to life.
The final part of the training will focus on Excel's Power Map tool (2013 and 2016 only) which lets you plot geographic (country, region, state etc) data on an interactive 3-D globe or custom map.
In this program, you’ll learn how to:
- Charts: Style and design tips and tricks to tell your story / convince your audience
- Charts: Creating powerful infographics using built-in Excel functionality
- Pivot tables: Fundamentals
- Pivot tables: Percentages in 5 clicks without formulas
- Pivot tables: Fonts, number formatting and layout options
- Pivot tables: Grouping data based on month or numeric range
- Power View: Create a visually stunning interactive report (2013/2016 only)
- PowerMap: An Excel addin that lets you display and analyse geographic data as a visual map (2013/2016 only)
Benefits of the program:
In this training session, you'll learn not only how to turn raw data into meaningful information but also how to present that data in a visually attractive way. This training will provide you with a solid foundation that you can use to build your own reports.
Who Should Attend:
- business professionals,
- business owners,
- administration support staff,
- human resource professionals
Ask a question at the Q & A session following the live event and get advice pertaining to your situation, straight from our expert speaker.